WELCOME TO RAND HILLS ACADEMY
GRADE RR - 3
This is a foundation phase.
A learner in this phase MUST offer four (4) subjects.
- Learner’s progression is based on the recorded evidence in formal assessment tasks.
- Parents and guardians are thus advised to monitor learner’s progress in terms of formal
GRADE 4 - 6
• This is an intermediate phase.
• A learner in this phase MUST offer and complete six (6) subjects.
• Learner’s progression is based on the recorded evidence in formal assessment tasks (Portfolios).
GRADE 7 - 9
Grade 7 follow the national curriculum for the General Education and Training (GET) level, using outcomes-based methods.
Grade 8 & 9 follow the national curriculum for the General Education and Training (GET) level, using outcomes-based methods.
GRADE 10 - 12
Grades 10 to 12 follow the National Curriculum for the National Senior Certificate, the exit point of the Further Education and Training (FET) level.
A learner offers four compulsory subjects:
First Additional Language
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
RAND HILLS ACADEMY
Rand Hills Academy is registered with the department of education for offering basic education programmes in terms of the South African Schools Act (Act No. 64 of 1996) as well as the Gauteng School Education Act (Act No. 6 of 1995).
Our vision is to form young people who are academically excellent, morally and spiritually strong and ready to serve in National and global community.
Our academic programmes starts from Grade RR – 12 and also register those who want to Re-write their Matric.
Our students are active participants of sporting and other challenges that the GDE has organized for schools.